Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A little note about me

I wanted to use this first blog to tell you a little about myself. I chose two pictures that would give you a quick idea. One is from a color run and the other is from a ball. I've always been someone who is adaptable and enjoys a variety of activities. My boyfriend (in the tux) would say that I clean myself up and do hair & makeup about once a month. That's pretty close to true. I spend most of my days in sweats or some other variety of gym clothes whether its for work, working out, or just relaxing.
I am currently working at a local college as a volunteer strength and conditioning coach and at a local gym as a personal trainer. Before moving to Texas, I lived in South Carolina and worked at the university as a strength and conditioning coach for two years. Before that I was an intern in strength and conditioning at Dartmouth College. I had seen such great results with both my athletes and personal clients that I wanted to find a platform where I could reach more people. I hope that I can be helpful here. Let's get one thing straight first..... I am not a nutritionist. I am strictly a strength and conditioning coach / personal trainer and I love food. I have nutrition knowledge but it is outside my scope of practice so I defer to a licensed nutrionist friend. I can give generic information but the best advice comes from MyPlate.gov or from a licensed nutritionist (I can hook you up with my girl if you need it)

Well... that's all I've got to say for this first post. I think this is going to be such an adventure and I can't wait to see how it plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment